CLUB, THE (CLASSIC AUSTRALIAN FILMS)
It's tough enough on the Australian Rules Football field, but in the boardroom it's a battle ground! In this club nobody plays by the rules. Outside the fans are cheering the high marks and the low tackles as their team battles towards the premiership. Inside, the executives are wheeling and dealing, back slapping and back stabbing. The club buys a talented young player, Geoff, for a record sum of money and, not surprisingly, the team members do not like their new star. Friction develops immediately, even with the Captain whose own playing days are numbered. Geoff expresses his resentment by lack of effort and indifference. Game after game is lost until Geoff begins to realize that there is more at stake than just his own career - that what matters to others, their pride and even their whole existence, is bound up with the success of the team.
- 16x9 Widescreen transfer
- Meet the Team: - An all new interview featurette with Jack Thompson, Bruce Beresford, Alan Cassell, Matt Carroll, Rene Kink, Ray Shaw & Tom Hafey
- David Williamson featurette: "Compulsive Playright"
- "The Club: Then and Now" - a tour of the Collingwood football club
- Complete ABC Radio adaptation starring John Howard and John Ewart
- "Up There Cazaly" music video
- Theatrical trailer
- Umbrella Propaganda
- "Hear Jack Thompson sing" JackThompson sings the Collingwood Football Club Song
- Frank Wilson
- Graham Kennedy
- Jack Thompson
- Bruce Beresford